EHI Tables Export
EHI Export functionality allows health systems to do a manual one-time export of health data for one or more patients. This schema is intended for EHI export functionality. If you are working with an Epic customer and want to understand programmatic paths for integrating with their data, review APIs and interfaces on open.epic.com. If you are seeking support on your integration, you can apply through Vendor Services.
The EHI Tables export contains the electronic health information available in a patient's Epic record in a computable, tab-separated value (TSV) file format native to Epic. Refer to the EHI Tables index for more information about the data included in each of the tables in the export. Alternatively, you can download the index as a zip file. Some electronic health information might not be available in a table format, such as rich text documents or images. This information might be referenced from the EHI Tables, but the actual files can be reviewed in a separate download in the export.
The content included in the export might vary based on a variety of factors, including:
- The software applications in use at the health system that generated the files.
- The software version in use at the health system that generated the files.
- The documentation and software use practices in place at the health system that generated the files.
- Configuration decisions made by the health system that generated the files.
- The health system including materials not sourced from Epic.
For a standards-based way of exchanging health information, we recommend reviewing the following options: